A Great 8 of 2014!
This book has been Approved for Recertification Credit. After reading this approved book, you must complete a quiz on SHRM’s E-Learning platform. When you purchase this book from the SHRMStore, you will receive a code that you can use to cover the cost of the quiz. Receive a 70% or better score on the quiz and you will then receive a certificate of completion with the program ID that entitles you to 3.0 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDITS for SHRM Certification and 2.5 GENERAL credit hours for HRCI. Use the corresponding Program IDs to log your credits. For a complete list of the books approved for credit, visit the Approved Books List. Learn more on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
In today's fast-paced world of competitive workplaces and turbulent economic conditions, each of us is searching for effective tools that can help us to manage, adapt, and strike out ahead of the pack. Emotional intelligence (EQ) needs little introduction. This "other kind of smart" is the #1 predictor of success both personally and professionally. But knowing what it is and knowing how to use it to improve your life are two very different things.
For the first time, Drs. Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves reveal TalentSmart's proven strategies for increasing EQ. The authors unveil a detailed blueprint that shows you step-by-step how to increase your emotional intelligence via 66 proven strategies that target self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
Emotional Intelligence 2.0 also includes access to the new and enhanced edition of the world’s best-selling emotional intelligence test—the Emotional Intelligence Appraisal®. In addition to providing scores for overall EQ and each of the four skills, the new Appraisal drills down further to provide:
- detailed feedback on the specific behaviors that contributed to your scores.
- analysis of your behavior to pinpoint the specific skill strategies from the Emotional Intelligence 2.0 book that will have the greatest impact upon your EQ.
- the ability to test yourself a second time (at no additional charge) after you’ve applied the strategies to see how much your scores have improved. This includes analysis of both score profiles, and suggestions as to which strategies will provide the greatest benefit to you going forward.
Next, the authors explore the ways in which emotional intelligence has changed in the five years since they unveiled their groundbreaking research on more than 500,000 people worldwide. New findings shed light on some of the toughest questions facing us today, including:
- Gender differences in emotional intelligence.
- Generational differences in emotional intelligence.
- Cultural changes in emotional intelligence.
- Societal shifts in overall emotional intelligence.
Drs. Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves have created a revolutionary new program to help readers identify their emotional intelligence, build their skills into strengths, and enjoy consistent performance in the pursuit of important life objectives.
"What distinguishes human beings is that we are capable of positive change. This book succinctly explains how to deal with emotions creatively and employ our intelligence in a beneficial way."
—THE DALAI LAMA
"A fast read with compelling anecdotes and good context in which to understand and improve your score."
"This book can drastically change the way you think about success...read it twice."
—FROM THE FOREWORD BY PATRICK LENCIONI and BEST SELLING AUTHOR OF THE FIVE DYSFUNCTIONS OF A TEAM
"Emotional intelligence is an extremely important skill for personal and professional success. This book is excellent and the learning included in the free online test is cutting-edge. I strongly recommend it."
—KEN BLANCHARD, BEST SELLING BUSINESS AUTHOR and COAUTHOR OF THE ONE MINUTE MANAGER®
|Name||Emotional Intelligence 2.0|
|Publisher||TalentSmart; Har/Dol En edition|
|Author||Travis Bradberry^Jean Greaves^Patrick Lencioni|
- Practical Tools for Professional Development Review by Angelique
- Two Thumbs Up! Review by A. Lorry
- A Great Book for Professional Development Review by Alex
- A Great Tool for Professional Development Review by Alex