Are you a federal government contractor? Are you ready for the upcoming changes to affirmative action plan requirements?
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) published its long-awaited final rules making significant changes to the regulations affecting affirmative action for veterans and individuals with disabilities. The new rules will become effective on March 24, 2014. Will you be ready?
It is important that contractors begin acting now to review and revise their affirmative action efforts for recruiting, hiring, data collection and recordkeeping in time to avoid OFCCP's aggressive compliance reviews and enforcement programs. Writing an affirmative action plan that fully complies with OFCCP’s new requirements is easy with BLR’s award-winning handbook, How to Write and Affirmative Action Plan.
The handbook is newly revised to reflect the dramatic changes brought about by OFCCP’s 2013 final rules. Its practical samples and step-by-step advice give you everything you need in one easy to use handbook. This no-nonsense program is your step-by-step guide – you get everything: sample plans, checklists, form letters, policies, advice and more. So it’s easy to develop a diverse workforce and comply with daunting OFCCP regulations.
Plus a plain-English, practical quarterly newsletter and updates twice a year to help keep you up-to-date. Practical tools make writing your plan a snap!
- Plain-English analysis of key federal and state regulations
- Step-by-step, how to conduct your self-audit
- Guidance to develop a compliant affirmative action plan, including new plan requirements for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities
- Includes sample affirmative action plans you can use and modify to develop your company's plan.
- Bi-annual supplement updates
- Free 8-page quarterly Affirmative Action Solutions newsletter with compliance focus, "need to know AA state news" plus much more.
This matter-of-fact guide leads you through every OFCCP compliance topic:
- New regulatory affirmative action plan requirements - disabilities / veterans
- How to conduct a factor analysis
- How to complete workforce and employee compensation analyses
- Affirmative action laws, background, trends, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Sample policies for creating cultural diversity
- How to conduct an affirmative action self-audit •Workplace diversity training programs and recruiting minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities
- How to prepare for an OFCCP audit
- Federal and state laws on racial discrimination, equal pay, gender discrimination, employment age discrimination
This is a proven winner -- Recent awards include the APEX Grand Award for Publication Excellence and SHRMStore’s GREAT 8!
|Name||How to Write an Affirmative Action Plan|
|Publisher||Business & Legal Reports, Inc.|
|Author||Business and Legal Reports|