The HR Knowledge Center at the Society for Human Resource Management responds to thousands of questions every year from HR professionals and business leaders. The detailed and reliable answers that are provided span a wide array of people management topics, from HR management and development to employee relations and regulatory and legal compliance. In 47 Frequently Asked Questions About the Family and Medical Leave Act, Margaret Fiester , SHRM-SCP, has compiled the most often asked questions related to FMLA coverage, eligibility, and certification; intermittent leave; disabilities; accommodation; employee performance; and much more. For example, the answers to these most commonly asked questions are included in this essential resource:
• Can an employee work a second job while on leave under the FMLA?
• How are the FMLA rights of employees handled when the employer undergoes a merger or an acquisition?
• What are an employer’s options when employees do not return FMLA certification forms?
• What steps can an employer take to limit the abuse of intermittent FMLA leave?
This book will let you benefit from the experts in the HR Knowledge Center. Their insights will help you better understand and manage your human resources functions.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. The Family and Medical Leave Act: Intersection with Other Laws
- Chapter 2. Family and Medical Leave Act Certification
- Chapter 3. The Family and Medical Leave Act: Coverage, Eligibility, Calculation of Leave, and Termination
- Chapter 4. Designating and Scheduling Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Chapter 5. Intermittent Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Appendix A. Sample Form: FMLA: Affidavit of Family Relationship
- Appendix B. WH-380-E
- Appendix C. WH-380-F
|Name||47 Frequently Asked Questions About the Family and Medical Leave Act|