California Employment Law: An Employer's Guide, Revised and Updated for 2022
California Employment Law: An Employer’s Guide is the go-to guide for anyone who must contend with employment law in California as part of their day-to-day work, including employers based outside of California with employees working in the state.
This valuable reference is updated to address new developments in 2021, including:
• New requirement that employees be paid premiums for missed meal and rest breaks at the same “regular rate” as is used for calculation of overtime.
• New requirements for severance agreements, including five-business-day waiting period.
• New restrictions on non-disparagement agreements that prohibit language preventing employees from disclosing unlawful conduct.
• Expansion of California Family Rights Act to include parents-in-law.
• New Cal/OSHA penalties for “enterprise-wide” and “egregious” violations.
|Name||California Employment Law: An Employer's Guide, Revised and Updated for 2022|
|Author||James J. McDonald, Jr.|