California Employment Law: An Employer's Guide, Revised and Updated for 2020
This book is approved for SHRM recertification credit.
California Employment Law: An Employer's Guide is the go-to guide for anyone who must contend with employment law In California as part of their day-to-day work, Including employers based outside of California who have employees working in the state.
This valuable reference is updated to address new developments in 2019, including:
- Legislation extending the Dynamex ruling regarding independent contractors to virtually all aspects of California law, but with numerous new exceptions.
- Legislation seeking to outlaw mandatory arbitration of employment disputes and new court-imposed standards for arbitration agreements.
- New and stricter rules for lactation accommodations.
- The effect of the new California Consumer Privacy Act on employers.
- Increases in the minimum wage and their effect on other pay thresholds.
- New NLRB rule regarding confidentiality during workplace investigations.
- A brand new chapter on Workplace Safety and Health.
About the Author
James J. McDonald, Jr., J.D., SHRM-SCP, is managing partner of the Irvine, California, office of the labor and employment law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP.
|Author||James J. McDonald, Jr.|