Critical Interviewing- Individual
Building on the "Detection of Deception" course, this module focuses on the quality of the questions asked during interviews. This module teaches how to create and ask questions to maximize the quality of the information collected. The question formulation techniques covered in this module, combined with the methodology presented in the "Detection of Deception" course, provide a framework and process to create and ask questions that are most effective in enabling us to identify deceptive behavior, and to thereby make better critical decisions. You will analyze the police video case study and examine whether the police officer's questions were effective.
- Psychology behind questions
- Question types such as open-ended, close-ended, presumptive and bait questions, and follow-up questions
- How to formulate the right questions and avoid bad questions
- How to manage deception using the techniques for dealing with deception
- How to prepare for and conduct an interview with an untruthful person
SHRM: 1 PDC