Family & Medical Leave Act: Military Family Leave Final Regs
Significant changes to the Family and Medical Leave Act take effect January 16, 2009. These new FMLA regulations, which were released on November 17, 2008, have not been revised since 1995.
The BRAND NEW Family and Medical Leave Act, Military Family Leave Final Regulations:
- Provides helpful and practical guidance on today's family and medical leave laws
- Gives you important background information concerning the rule changes, along with succinct explanations of the new rules and how they have changed from prior regulations
- Incorporates major stakeholder comments received by the Department of Labor (DOL) into the full text of the revised regulations
What are the big changes? According to the DOL, the revised and reorganized final rule:
- Helps employees and their employers better understand their rights and obligations under the FMLA Modifies the definition of "continuing treatment" of a serious health condition
- Overhauls the FMLA's notice provisions and makes significant changes to the Act's certification requirements
- Speeds up the implementation of the important, new military family leave entitlements
Also, the final regulations implement the new military family leave provisions that were signed into law by President Bush in January 2008. The provisions provide job-protected leave rights to employees who are the spouse, child, parent or next of kin of a "covered service member" to take a total of up to 26 workweeks of leave during a 12-month period to care for the service member. The expanded FMLA also permits employees to take up to 12 workweeks of FMLA leave due to qualifying exigencies arising out of the fact that the employee's spouse, son, daughter or parent (i.e., covered military member) is on active duty status, or being notified of an impending call to active duty.
Now is the time to learn about these changes and more. Family and Medical Leave Act, Military Family Leave, is a must have for anyone who has to manage Family and Medical Leaves!
|Name||Family & Medical Leave Act: Military Family Leave Final Regs|