Glad We Met: The Art and Science of 1:1 Meetings
One-on-one meetings between managers and direct reports can make or break a team and the best successfully are the very foundation of being a manager. These meetings also influence a direct report's experience at work, including how they engage and attach to their role, perceive the effectiveness of their manager, and envision their future at the organization.
Leveraging research and evidence collected over 20 years from managers and team members, and drawing on interviews with top leaders from some of the most respected companies in the world, Steven Rogelberg covers topics such as:
· Why effective 1:1s are critical to your success and the success of your team
· Messaging and positioning 1:1s for maximum value
· Finding the correct 1:1 cadence and meeting length to maximize positive impact without over-meeting
· Managing the intricate balance of productivity-building, relationship-building, and employee development
· Designing 1:1s with intentionality, from where to conduct the meeting to building agendas t o optimize effectiveness
· Acting as leader coach and leveraging key skills around facilitation, listening, and feedback-giving How to personalize your 1:1 approach to fit you and your direct reports - one size does not fit all
Refreshingly practical and delivered with clarity and authority, Dr. Rogelberg offers a proven roadmap on how to make these essential meetings useful and fulfilling for leaders and team members alike.
|Name||Glad We Met: The Art and Science of 1:1 Meetings|
|Author||Steven G. Rogelberg|
|Book Publisher||Oxford University Press|