Global Hiring: Complying with U.S. Visa Requirements
SHRM: 15 PDCs
Individuals requiring guidance on hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Presented in partnership with Fragomen Worldwide. Gain a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global high-skilled talent. Identify opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system as related to employment. Learn how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, demonstrate the essential skills required to identify and define key considerations when hiring or retaining a foreign national.
- Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
- Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
- Define the I-9 employment verification process and incorporate best practices.
- Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
- Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via practical lab.
VIRTUAL FOUR-WEEK PROGRAM
Jan. 28 - Feb. 20: Held on Tuesdays & Thursdays | 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. ET
May 27 - Jun. 22: Held on Mondays & Wednesdays | 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. ET
style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
All virtual sessions are recorded and available to watch for a full year after the program.
Click here for program locations and recommended hotels.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Online (credit card only)
Phone (U.S.; credit card only)
703.548.3440, option #3
800.283.7476, option #3
(Allow 5-7 days for processing)
PO Box 79482
Baltimore, MD 21279
(Allow 3-4 weeks for processing)
Download Registration Form
Additional Registration Information
Organizational Training & Development
Bring this program to your organization.