Navigating HR Compliance Through the Employee Lifecycle
SHRM: 15 PDCs
HR professionals at all levels.
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Grow your knowledge and comfort level of a wide range of compliance and legal issues in this enlightening two-day course. Through this interactive experience, you will learn how to effectively guide your organization through the employment laws that impact each phase of the employee lifecycle, from recruiting to separation. Use SHRM’s framework to analyze the impacts of employment legislation and compliance practices, such hiring, employee wages, hours and benefits requirements, discrimination, harassment, and separation practices. You will learn the importance of using compliance to build and sustain a strong company culture and through a series of real-world legal and compliance scenarios, you will expand your ability to advise, manage, and better protect yourself, your employees, and your organization from potential risk.
- Mitigate compliance issues with greater ease
- Develop sound workplace policies
- Know when to engage legal counsel
- Expand your knowledge of the federal laws and issues that apply to employees throughout the employee lifecycle
- Explore solutions to address potential legal challenges that exist for employers
- Provide practical thoughts to support your needs during the employment lifecycle
- Ensure compliance is part of your culture