Positive Employee Relations & Union Awareness (Manager Standard)- Individual
Poor management practices, insufficient information about the union organizing process and other warning signs are often key issues facing organizations when dealing with union organizing campaigns.
The Positive Employee Relations & Union Awareness course is designed to help organizations train managers about the issues that are often a root cause of employee organizing efforts. By combining training on good management practices, labor law compliance and union awareness/organizing, organizations can help managers create a workplace where third-party representation is not necessary and where employees feel heard and respected.
The Standard version of Positive Employee Relations & Union Awareness online training course provides managers with a 2-hour exposition of a wide range of topics needed to improve their understanding of the issues that are often the root cause of employee organizing efforts.
- Respecting employees' rights and following the law as well as employer policies
- Root causes of organizing
- Benefits of remaining union free
- Realities of managing a unionized workplace
- Importance of good communication
- How unions organize workers
- Common signs of organizing activity
- Responding to signs of organizing
- Rules against discrimination and retaliation
- Importance of good performance management
- Employee discipline fundamentals
- Handling employee complaints properly
- Lawful hiring
- Lawful termination
Duration: 2 hours
SHRM: 2 PDCs
|Name||Positive Employee Relations & Union Awareness (Manager Standard)|