This service offers 30 days of access to the candidate database and all sales of this product are final.
HireVets is the fastest-growing tool used by employers to source and recruit job-seeking veterans and spouses of active-duty military personnel. Get access to a nationwide database of over 200,000 highly qualified candidates.
Find qualified talent now with SHRM HireVets
Search for an unlimited number of candidates for any position, based on criteria including military occupation, civilian experience, education and more.
Search our Candidate Database
Search through our nationwide database of over 200,000 candidates that grows by the thousands every month. Candidate search also includes the option to upload your job openings and get immediate results on the 10 top qualified candidates.
Military Skills Translator
The most comprehensive MOS translator in the industry. Developed by experts in both the HR and veteran spaces, this tool accurately translates over 7,000 military careers from all five branches and maps individuals to positions that best match their skill sets.
With a tight job market, most companies are having difficulty finding the talent needed to compete. Veterans represent a very important talent pool. There are up to 360,000 highly trained men and women leaving the military each year. Veterans have the following positive attributes:
- Culture of mission accomplishment
- Have ingrained leadership talents
- Take responsibilities seriously
- Have learned intuition as a skill
- Know how to get the job done
- Have questioning and honest mentality
- Are resourceful and independent
- Know the meaning of hard work
- What are the backgrounds and locations of the veterans in this database?
Veterans within our database come from all different backgrounds nationwide.
- Do veterans register themselves as well as others looking for employment?
Veterans and their spouses register on our partner's site. These veterans register to find employment, build their resume, improve their skills, and/or connect with mentors.
- Is there a specific field of expertise/industry that this database targets (ie: computer engineers vs. hospitality)? Or regions of the US?
Our database has a large number of veterans with experience in many different fields. The most prominent skill sets in our database are:
- Transportation - 19%
- Information Technology - 18%
- Manufacturing/Operations - 17%
- Defense Industry - 15%
- Construction/Skilled Trade - 15%
- Accounting/Finance - 13%
- Security/Law Enforcement - 12%
- Health Care - 10%
Our database includes large numbers of veterans from across the country. The top ten states where veterans in our database come from are:
- Texas - 10%
- California - 7%
- New Jersey - 7%
- New York - 7%
- Florida - 6%
- North Carolina - 5%
- Georgia - 4%
- Pennsylvania - 4%
- Illinois - 3%
- Tennessee - 3%
- How do I know if there are veterans available to my business location?
You can search our database based off of your zip code to determine if there are veterans in your area currently looking for employment.
- How does the database remain current?
When a veteran has not logged into our site within 90 days, their profile is automatically hidden from any candidate searches or matches.
- How can veterans be contacted? Is all their contact information provided on their resumes?
Veterans provide their contact information in their respective resumes.
- Are veterans removed from the database once they are no longer seeking employment?
Veterans are not completely removed from the system, however they are hidden from any results after 90 days of inactivity.