Safe Hiring (DVD)
These are tough times for employers. You can be held responsible if you knew-or should have known-that someone you hired might pose an undue threat of harm to others. Yet, during the hiring process, you are required to navigate through a number of legal guidelines that are in place to protect the privacy of your applicants.
In this video, you'll follow the fictional story of a company that makes a bad hire, and discover the steps they decide to put in place to ensure it doesn't happen again. As the story unfolds narrator Les Rosen, an attorney and Certified Specialist in Criminal Law who is a frequent speaker at major national conferences, explains the details of an effective safe hiring process, and sheds light on the legal background that you need to know.
You will learn:
- What to look for on application forms, and why it's a bad idea to rely on resumes alone.
- Five powerful interview questions that will discourage applicants who have something they're planning to hide.
- Why you need to check references every time--even when you can't get many details from former employers.
- What kinds of background checks you should consider, and how to stay within legal guidelines if you make them.
- How to keep the costs of safe hiring practices low, and what things you can do yourself with very little added time or effort.
DVD: 23 minutes
Here are a few clips that you can review
|Name||Safe Hiring (DVD)|
|Author||Lester S. Rosen (narrator)|
|Page Count||23 minutes|