Talent Assessment: Differential Aptitude Tests - Mechanical Reasoning
Registration for the SHRM Talent Assessment center is required. Register today to get started, view pricing options and learn more about the full catalog of assessments.
The Differential Aptitude Tests - Mechanical Reasoning Test measures the ability to understand basic mechanical principles of machinery, tools, and motion. The items represent simple principles that involve reasoning rather than specialized knowledge or training. It is comprised of 45 multiple-choice items and has a 20 minute time limit.
The Mechanical Reasoning Test is part of the Differential Aptitude Tests for Personnel and Career Assessment (DAT for PCA) series of assessments.
The DAT for PCA Mechanical Reasoning Test Measures
- Mechanical Reasoning
DAT for PCA Mechanical Reasoning Test Report:
The report provides the candidate’s raw score and percentile score in addition to interpretive text. The following norms are available (note: the report will use only one norm group):
- Hourly/Entry Level
- Hourly/Entry-Level in Installation/Maintenance/Repair
- Hourly/Entry-Level in Manufacturing/Production
- Hourly/Entry-Level in Retail/Wholesale
- Hourly/Entry-Level in Transportation/Equipment Operation
- Individual Contributors: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Individual Contributors: Non-degreed
- Skilled Tradespersons
- 12th Grade Students
Price: As low as $9 per test.
The SHRM Talent Assessment Center features best-in-industry technology and the industry’s largest catalog of assessments from 50+ top publishers.
Technology and Content, All in One
You need purposeful, easy-to-use tools and solutions to be the most effective in your job. SHRM has partnered with PSI Services to support members in making smart, evidence-based people decisions — from hiring, to promotions, to performance management — using the SHRM Talent Assessment Center.
Using just one platform, the intuitive interface allows users to:
- Browse the catalog using a variety of parameters
- Purchase and assign assessments from multiple publishers
- Build repeatable workflows to be more efficient
- View results
- Create custom reports
- Build and manage custom assessments
Click here to register for access to the SHRM Talent Assessment Center.