The Non-Obvious Guide To Employee Engagement (For Millennials, Boomers And Everyone Else)
This book is approved for SHRM recertification credit.
Unlock the True Potential of Your Workforce
If you want your organization to start meeting and exceeding the expectations you have for it, then you need to address the problem of your disengaged workforce. The challenge, however, is that the business world has misunderstood the concept of employee engagement, thus our efforts have been failing—despite years of effort and billions of dollars spent.
In this refreshing new book, future-of-work experts Maddie Grant and Jamie Notter reveal a new path for tapping into the power of your people in ways that produce tangible, measurable results. Part of the Non-Obvious Guide series published by IdeaPress, this book will teach you:
- How to define employee engagement in a way that connects directly to what makes both your organization and your employees more successful.
- Why engagement surveys are so flawed and how to dig into your culture to go beyond “symptom” metrics.
- When to let those Millennials (and others for that matter) hop to a new job after two years, and when to fight hard to keep them.
- Why culture is more important than engagement and what the relationship is between the two.
- Real, proven, and actionable advice on how to actually improve engagement.
- How to drive engagement even if you’re not “in charge of” engagement at your company.
About the Authors
Maddie Grant is an expert digital strategist and culture change consultant whose superpower is skillful shepherding of organizations through cultural and digital transformation, with specific expertise in internal (staff) and external (member/customer) engagement.
Jamie Notter helps leaders create stronger cultures and upgrade their workplaces, based on a deeper understanding of their organizational genetic code. He brings 25 years of experience in conflict resolution, generational differences, leadership, and culture change to his consulting and speaking. Jamie serves as adjunct faculty at Georgetown University.
Alongside their consulting work at Human Workplaces, Jamie and Maddie are accomplished speakers and authors who written several books together, including Humanize: How People Centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World (2011) and When Millennials Take Over: Preparing for the Ridiculously Optimistic Future of Business (2015).
|Name||The Non-Obvious Guide To Employee Engagement (For Millennials, Boomers And Everyone Else)|
|Author||Maddie Grant^Jamie Notter|
|Book Publisher||Ideapress Publishing|