Compliance and HR Employment Law
SHRM: 15 PDCs
HR professionals at all levels.
Leadership & Navigation
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Grow your knowledge of a wide range of compliance and legal issues in this enlightening two-day course. Through this interactive experience, you will learn how to effectively handle employment-law-related issues that span the employee life-cycle from recruiting to separation. You will also learn to use a framework for analyzing legal and compliance issues, such as harassment, discrimination, hiring and separation practices, and employee wages, hours and benefits requirements. You will engage in a series of real-world legal and compliance scenarios that will help equip you with the knowledge and skills to advise, support, and better protect yourself, your employees and your organization.
- Outline the legal foundations of all employment laws.
- Interpret federal leave laws and their application to your organization's human capital.
- Know when to engage legal counsel.
- Spot compliance issues with greater ease.
- Develop sound workplace policies.
- Describe wage and hour laws and their impact on the rights of both employers and employees.