Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead
This book is approved for SHRM recertification credit. After reading the book, earn a passing quiz score and receive three professional development credits (PDCs).Scroll down for more information and a link to the quiz.NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER
The Globe and Mail Top Leadership and Management Book
Forbes Top Creative Leadership Book
From the visionary head of Google's innovative People Operations comes a groundbreaking inquiry into the philosophy of work-and a blueprint for attracting the most spectacular talent to your business and ensuring that they succeed.
"We spend more time working than doing anything else in life. It's not right that the experience of work should be so demotivating and dehumanizing." So says Laszlo Bock, former head of People Operations at the company that transformed how the world interacts with knowledge.
This insight is the heart of WORK RULES!, a compelling and surprisingly playful manifesto that offers lessons including:
- Take away managers' power over employees
- Learn from your best employees-and your worst
- Hire only people who are smarter than you are, no matter how long it takes to find them
- Pay unfairly (it's more fair!)
- Don't trust your gut: Use data to predict and shape the future
- Default to open-be transparent and welcome feedback
- If you're comfortable with the amount of freedom you've given your employees, you haven't gone far enough.
WORK RULES! shows how to strike a balance between creativity and structure, leading to success you can measure in quality of life as well as market share. Read it to build a better company from within rather than from above; read it to reawaken your joy in what you do.
The SHRM Books Read for Recertification Credit Program
|Name||Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead|