Coaching & Mentoring: Building Effective Skills
SHRM: 14.75 PDCs
Individuals looking to develop & practice effective coaching competencies.
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Experience being a “coach” and “coachee” through practice, observation, and feedback. Develop and apply coaching techniques that effectively increase leader and organizational performance. Increase your self-awareness to better assist the individual you’re coaching.
- Develop and practice effective coaching competencies.
- Define coaching, and explain its purposes.
- Link coaching goals to business performance.
- Establish coaching agreements with internal clients.
- Create an open and flexible coaching relationship that includes the establishment of trust and respect.
- Recognize the best practices in ethical coaching.
- Identify the roles of the partners in a coaching relationship.
- Demonstrate active listening, “powerful” questioning, and effective communication techniques.
- Incorporate and make effective use of data and feedback through a variety of coaching techniques.
- Develop an effective coaching plan.
- Assist clients with the design and implementation of a goal-related action plan.
- Recognize when to end a coaching relationship.
Each Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click here for program locations and recommended hotels.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2017. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.