This book has been Approved for Recertification Credit. After reading this approved book, you must complete a quiz on SHRM’s E-Learning platform. When you purchase this book from the SHRMStore, you will receive a code that you can use to cover the cost of the quiz. Receive a 70% or better score on the quiz and you will then receive a certificate of completion with the program ID that entitles you to 3.0 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDITS for SHRM Certification and 2.5 GENERAL credit hours for HRCI. Use the corresponding Program IDs to log your credits. For a complete list of the books approved for credit, visit the Approved Books List. Learn more on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
HR managers are under intense pressure to become strategic business partners. Many, unfortunately, lack the technical skills in financial analysis to succeed in this role. Now, respected HR management educator Dr. Steven Director addresses this skill gap head-on. Writing from HR's viewpoint, Director covers everything mid-level and senior-level HR professionals need to know to formulate, model, and evaluate their HR initiatives from a financial and business perspective. Drawing on his unsurpassed expertise working with HR executives, he walks through each crucial financial issue associated with strategic talent management, including the quantifiable links between workforces and business value, the cost-benefit analysis of HR and strategic financial initiatives, and specific issues related to total rewards programs. Unlike finance books for non-financial managers, Financial Analysis for HR Managers focuses entirely on core HR issues, including:
- How do you model HR's financial role in corporate strategic initiatives such as the introduction of a new product line?
- How do you select bonus drivers to send the right signals to managers?
- How do you design compensation packages that are fully consistent with your goals?
- How do you identify and manage pension-finance costs and risks that can dramatically impact the long-term financial health of the business?
|Name||Financial Analysis for HR Managers: Tools for Linking HR Strategy to Business Strategy|
- Potentially Improve C-Suite Relationships Review by EricB
(Posted on 11/21/2014)