XpertHR’s HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business provides 12-month access to award-winning, authoritative, practical and continuously updated federal, state and select municipal HR and employment law compliance resources tailored to the needs of the HR professional. This easy-to-use web-based service empowers your compliance efforts, saves time and money by reducing risk and increases productivity and efficiency within your organization.
With XpertHR’s HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business, you will have 24-7 online access to:
- Up-to-date guidance on federal, state, and select municipal employment law, covering the entire employment lifecycle from recruitment and selection through termination of employment;
- Practical examples to illustrate the "real world" application of employment law compliance obligations;
- Personalized alerts addressing developments in the law;
- A calendar of upcoming federal, state, and municipal compliance deadlines;
- Listings of mandated federal, state and municipal posting requirements with links to poster downloads;
- Customizable policies, letters, checklists;
- Email newsletters;
- Links to additional helpful resources and tools;
- Latest trends and insights from thought leaders via our podcast and webinar series; and
- Topical news articles, extensive FAQs and a robust employment law glossary.
HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business includes coverage of the following topics:
- Recruiting and hiring, including employment at-will, interviewing and selection, negligent hiring, terms of employment, new hire paperwork, preemployment screening and testing, immigration, Form 1-9 and work visas;
- Benefits, including benefit planning and design, ACA and legally required benefits;
- Wage and hour, including child labor, independent contractors, hours worked, minimum wage and overtime;
- Payroll including depositing and reporting withheld taxes, involuntary and voluntary pay deductions, new hire reporting, payment of wages, taxation of employee benefits, taxation of employee compensation, unemployment insurance tax (FUTA/SUTA) and withholding taxes;
- Leaves, including FMLA, paid sick leave, bereavement leave, jury duty and USERRA;
- Employee relations, including disabilities, EEO (discrimination, harassment, retaliation, etc.), discipline, employee conduct, privacy and performance appraisals;
- Labor relations, including public sector and union organization;
- Risk management, including workplace safety, security, employee health and worker’s compensation; and
- Organizational exit, including involuntary and voluntary terminations.
Once purchased, instructions for HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business web access will be emailed to you from the following address: XpertHRcare@xperthr.com. Please check your spam filter if you do not receive the login details within 24 hours of ordering.
Interested in additional states? Three state and five state bundles are available through the SHRMStore. Email SHRMStore@shrm.org for more information.
Interested parties may email SHRMStore@xperthr.com for access to more than five states, multiple users/team licenses and to learn more about the entire portfolio of XpertHR resources and the 50-state survey quick reference charts, how-to and best practice guides, customizable training content and XpertHR’s international coverage proving authoritative HR and employment law guidance for more than 40 countries. These resources are not included in an HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business subscription but can be purchased directly through XpertHR by emailing SHRMStore@xpertHR.com.
Use of HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business is subject to XpertHR's website terms and conditions. Should you wish to discuss usage not currently contemplated by these terms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Name||HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business-Online Subscription|
|Year published||Continuously updated|