Discover how you can make your employees more fulfilled—and more successful—in their jobs
It is a simple fact of business life that any job, from investment banker to dishwasher, can become miserable—and that even the most well-meaning manager can miss the causes. According to Patrick Lencioni, three underlying factors make a job miserable—anonymity, irrelevance, and immeasurement. Based on Lencioni's Three Signs of a Miserable Job model, the Managing for Employee Engagement Workshop will help managers understand the root causes of job misery and provides action items to develop an engaged workforce.
In this workshop, managers will:
• Examine the Three Signs of a Miserable Job model and explore the effects of job misery on employees, managers, and organizations
• Use the feedback from a 180-degree assessment to identify your behaviors which may contribute to employee misery
• Learn simple yet powerful techniques for making your employees' jobs more fulfilling and more productive
This guide provides facilitators and trainers with everything needed to create a high-impact half-day or one-day workshop for managers on the topic of employee engagement. This comprehensive workshop package includes the following:
• Detailed instructions for preparing, delivering and following up a workshop
• A script for a half-day or one-day workshop
• Stories that highlight key aspects of the model
• Flash Drive with slides, sample agendas, video clips and other helpful tools.
• Frequently asked questions
• A poster illustrating the Three Signs model
• Sample Self-Assessment
• Sample Participant Workbook*
*A Participant Workbook is required for all workshop attendees.
|Name||Managing for Employee Engagement: A Workshop Based on The Three Signs of a Miserable Job Facilitator's Guide Set|
|Author||Patrick M. Lencioni|