Each day millions of consumers are out of work due to a disabling condition, making disability insurance, designed to replace income, an important and valuable type of coverage. Learn more about various types of private and government-sponsored disability insurance plans as well as how to guide disabled consumers and their families through the decision-making process for choosing the best coverage.You will learn about:
- Possible sources of disability income replacement
- The differences between long-term disability plans and other types of disability insurance
- Typical eligibility requirements
- The most common definitions of disability and how insurance companies or the Social Security
- Administration determine if someone is disabled
- The purpose of a waiting period
- Common exclusions from disability plans
- How outside income may offset disability payments.
This course is offered as part of SHRM's partnership with the International Foundation of Employee Benefit PlansRun time: 1 hour
SHRM: 1 PDC
|Name||Overview of Disability Plans|
|Is Featured Product||No|
Customers are entitled to a 100% refund as long as;
No refunds, full or partial, will be granted if the refund request is submitted after two business days from the date of purchase.