California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices
SHRM: 16.5 PDCs
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Already hold your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential?
Don't let your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential expire. Start your journey to maintain it today. If you already hold your specialty credential, get confirmation that you’ve kept up with everything over the past three years including over 75 bill and law changes and implications by extending your specialty credential for another three years. This entirely new experience is focused on the application and implications in the unique and unusual circumstances so that you can heighten your expertise and elevate your strategy.
Pre-Program: Foundations of CA Employment Law
Explore the fundamental CA employment law information across the five key knowledge areas to be prepared for the in-program case studies, scenarios and simulation.
New to CA HR law?
Be sure to focus on the complimentary Foundation of CA Employment Law course prior to your program. This self-paced online course will position you to thoughtfully participate in the program activities.
- Identify the current year CA employment law and legislative updates
- Discuss strategic ways to navigate the complex employment laws of CA
- Apply CA HR concepts to realistic case studies, scenarios and a simulation, pulling in knowledge from the following areas:
- Wage and hour
- Privacy, security and safety
- Mandated benefits and workers’ compensation
- Protected leaves of absence
- Employee and employer relations
Special accommodations can be provided upon request, please submit all accommodation requests for SHRM Educational Programs to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling SHRM Customer Experience at 800.283.7476 option #3.
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.