Global Hiring: Complying with U.S. Visa Requirements
SHRM: 15 PDCs
Individuals requiring guidance on hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Presented in partnership with Fragomen Worldwide, this engaging program will offer you valuable insights into the best practices employed by expert human resource professionals who recruit and retain highly skilled global talent. You will learn to identify employment-related opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system, and how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, you will demonstrate the core skills needed to recognize and explain the key considerations for successfully hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
- Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
- Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
- Define the I-9 employment verification process and incorporate best practices.
- Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
- Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via practical lab.
EARN YOUR SPECIALTY CREDENTIAL
Select this option with your seminar registration to work toward earning recognition for your California employment law expertise.
Online (credit card only)
Phone (U.S.; credit card only)
703.548.3440, option #3
800.283.7476, option #3
(Allow 5-7 days for processing)
PO Box 79482
Baltimore, MD 21279
(Allow 3-4 weeks for processing)
Download Registration Form
Additional Registration Information
Organizational Training & Development
Bring this program to your organization.