HR Department of One: Strategies for Success
SHRM: 10.5 PDCs
|HR Knowledge Domains:|
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Heading an HR Department of One (HR DOO) is a daunting task. Time is short; resources are limited; and constantly shifting priorities can be a major issue. In this 10-hour, hands-on learning program, you will join other HR DOOs to learn to analyze and enhance the HR practices in your organization. You will discover a three-step framework (Assess, Build, Map) to help you measure your current practices, build a set of realistic best practices, and map those practices to what is achievable in your organization. You will learn from an expert instructor during a series of topic-based conversations and activities focused on themes particularly relevant to HR DOOs.
*All Live Online sessions are recorded and available to watch for a full year after the program.
How You Will Benefit:
- Use the framework of assess, build, map to create a realistic plan for analyzing and elevating HR in your organization
- Define talent acquisition strategies that attract more quality candidates
- Identify employee development, and employee and engagement strategies that impact employee retention
- Assess your organizational culture and determine the role HR plays in maintaining and shaping culture
- Determine the balance between strategy and operations in your approach to HR
- Describe communication strategies for building effective relationships with business leaders
Special accommodations can be provided upon request, please submit all accommodation requests for SHRM Educational Programs to email@example.com or by calling SHRM Customer Experience at 800.283.7476 option #3.