California Employment Law: An Employerâ€™s Guide â€“ Revised & Updated for 2019
This book is approved for SHRM recertification credit. After reading the book, earn a passing quiz score and receive three professional development credits (PDCs). Scroll down for more information and a link to the quiz.
Purchase the Kindle version to start reading immediately.
Written especially for HR professionals and business people, California Employment Law: An Employer’s Guide is the essential resource for avoiding the many hazards and traps California employers face. Comprehensively updated to address new developments for 2019, including:
- New independent contractor test
- New harassment training requirements
- Class-action waivers in arbitration agreements
- New rules on national origin discrimination
- Requirement that employees be paid for minimal preparation and concluding work
- Clarification of rules regarding salary history inquiries
- New NLRB standards for employee conduct policies
- Requirements for lawful time clock rounding
- Rules for rest break pay for commissioned and piece-rate employees
- New rules regarding lactation breaks
About the AuthorJames J. McDonald, Jr., J.D., SHRM-SCP, is managing partner of the Irvine, California, office of the labor and employment law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP.
The SHRM Books Recertification Credit Program
Learn more about the SHRM Books Recertification Credit Program
Get login help and other answers about the eLearning platform
Browse the complete list of books approved for recertification credit
|Name||California Employment Law: An Employer’s Guide – Revised & Updated for 2019|
|Author||James J. McDonald, Jr.|