A quick resource for keeping and preserving harmony.
Conflict, misunderstandings, and contrary points of view are all a part of the workplace - and employees who can't effectively deal with these differences may be stunting their career growth. Now, in a newly updated second edition, Resolving Conflicts on the Job gives succinct and clear guidelines for dealing with conflict on both interpersonal and organizational levels. The book explains proven methods for resolving differences and suggests specific techniques that aid in:
" Giving and Receiving Criticism
" Handling Disputes at Different Levels of an Organization
" Resolving Disagreements within a Team
" Managing Different Personality Types
Completely updated with a new chapter on keeping cool in a conflict and exercises to determine whether disagreements are constructive, this timeless guide will enable managers to lead their teams without starting an argument.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition
Preface to the First Edition
1. - A Brief Overview of Conflict
2. - Why People Fight at Work
3. - Five Ways to Engage Conflict
4. - Ways to Listen
5. - Ways to Give (and Receive) Feedback
6. - Conflict Styles
7. - Staying Cool in a Conflict
8. - Ways to Engage Conflict on the Job - Up, Down, and Sideways
9. - Ways to Work with Teams in Conflict
10. - Can All This Conflict Be Good for Me?
11. - Why Do I Care?
|Name||Resolving Conflicts on the Job|
|Author||Bill Withers^Jerry Wisinski|