Apply Ethical Practices to Business Operations
SHRM: 7.25 PDCs
- Is a generalist or senior specialist.
- Typically has 3-7 years of HR experience.
- Manages projects or program.
- Holds a formal title such as, but not limited to, HR Manager, Generalist, or Senior Specialist.
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Challenge your understanding of ethics and discover ways to create and support a culture of ethics in your organization. Learn how to identify behaviors that don’t align with your organization’s core values and how to communicate expectations to your staff. Practice coaching ethics through sample situations, discuss key ethical processes to implement across your organization, and explore the federal legal requirements around ethics.
- Communicate the importance of ethical behavior through organizational codes of conduct and conflict of interest statements and in global business operations.
- Develop strategies for coaching leaders to set standards and model ethical behavior.
- Identify methods for supporting ethical behaviors at all levels by assessing the impact of opportunity, pressure, and rationalization.
- Identify key laws and regulations around ethics for both domestic and global business.
- Identify opportunities for HR to lead in an ethical business culture.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2015. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.