Manage & Engage Your Organization's Human Capital
SHRM: In-Person: 14.75 PDCs/Virtual: 11.75 PDCs
HRCI: In-Person: 14.75/Virtual: 11.75
- Is a specialist in a specific support function or a generalist with limited experience.
- Typically has 0-2 years of HR experience.
- Holds a formal title such as, but not limited to, HR Assistant, Junior Recruiter, or Benefits Clerk.
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Explore a broad range of employee relations and engagement concepts, and learn practices that connect an organization and its employees. Examine the effects of an organization’s rules and culture on employee relations. Gain the skills necessary to anticipate, address, and defuse workplace issues that may interfere with employee engagement. Review the policies and practices governing workplace rules and conduct.
- Define key federal laws associated with employee relations, including laws related to the prevention of workplace harassment and discrimination.
- Discuss how employee attitudes and engagement affect organizational culture and employee relations.
- Apply a dispute resolution process that complies with the law and adheres to organizational policies.
- Understand the importance of retaining high performers, how to retain them, and the impact thereof.
- Understand the impact of employee safety and security.
In-Person and Virtual Seminar Schedules
TWO-DAY IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Each Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
VIRTUAL FOUR-WEEK PROGRAM
Held on Monday and Wednesday Evenings
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. ET
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2015. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.