SHRM: In-Person: 14.75 PDCs/Virtual: 11.75 PDCs
HRCI: In-Person: 14/Virtual: 11.75
Individuals looking to expand their knowledge of key HR functions.
- HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
HR Knowledge Domain
HR Knowledge Domains
Gain the foundational knowledge needed to begin your journey in the field of human resources. Explore each of the five key HR functions by discussing the roles and responsibilities of an HR generalist, the latest trends, useful metrics, and applicable federal laws and legal issues. Engage in dynamic group discussions and hands-on activities facilitated by a leading HR expert. Use this program as a networking opportunity and to propel your HR career in the right direction.
- Enhance your knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and general competencies of an HR generalist.
- Describe the five key HR functions (staffing, compensation, benefits, training and development, and employee relations).
- Describe current trends and developments in each of the five key HR functions.
- Assess your organization in comparison to best practices in each of the HR functions.
- Apply metrics for each of the HR functions.
- Identify applicable laws and what managers/employees need to know.
- Develop specific actions in each of the HR functions.
In-Person and Virtual Seminar Schedules
TWO-DAY IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Each Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
VIRTUAL FOUR-WEEK PROGRAM
Held on Monday and Wednesday Evenings
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., ET
Click here for program locations and recommended hotels.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2016. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.