U.S. Immigration Essentials for HR
SHRM: 14.75 PDCs
Individuals requiring guidance on hiring and retaining foreign nationals.
- Business Acumen
- HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
HR Knowledge Domain
HR Knowledge Domain
In partnership with our affiliate, the Council for Global Immigration, SHRM presents this new seminar! Gain a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global high-skilled talent. Identify opportunities and limitations of the U.S. immigration system as related to employment. Learn how to maintain compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations. Through a final practicum, demonstrate the essential skills required to identify and define key considerations when hiring or retaining a foreign national.
- Identify your business strategy, workforce plan, and talent acquisition needs in order to lay the groundwork for the decision to recruit foreign nationals.
- Describe basic immigration terms and concepts and how they apply to the hiring process for U.S. residents and foreign nationals.
- Identify when to use immigrant and non-immigrant visas to manage the visa process and comply with federal laws and regulations associated with temporary and regular employment of foreign professionals.
- Comply with federal auditing guidelines and legal requirements.
- Identify and define key considerations when hiring a foreign national by participating in various scenarios via practical labs.
In-Person Seminar Schedule
Each Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click here for program locations and recommended hotels.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**These are Seminar prices only and do not apply to the courses offered at SHRM conferences.
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2016. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.