Strategies for Leadership in HR
SHRM: 29.5 PDCs
HRCI: 26 (Business Management and Strategy credit)
HR leaders seeking a framework for formulating and implementing HR strategies.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Business Acumen
- HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
HR Knowledge Domain
HR Knowledge Domain
4-Day Seminar Schedule
Part 1: TWO-DAY SEMINAR
Mar. 14-15, 2016 | Alexandria, VA
Part 2: TWO-DAY SEMINAR
Sept. 26-27, 2016 | Alexandria, VA
Each Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Note: Program fee includes registration for Part 1 and Part 2.
In this comprehensive two-part program, an expert in strategic leadership discusses human resource management from both strategic and consultative perspectives. Your organizational experiences will be used as the foundation for identifying relevant issues and applying business lessons throughout the program. You will have time after Part I to reflect on the concepts and materials, integrate them into your work responsibilities, and experiment with new work styles and approaches. Accordingly, you will return to Part II of this program with a higher level of engagement and greater insight into strategic and systemic leadership of the people function in your organization.
Part 1, Strategic Leadership and Decision Making, is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Recognize how value is created through HR.
- Draw on frameworks for driving growth and change via HR management.
- Leverage HR to execute business strategy.
- Understand and model approaches for making decisions under risk and uncertainty.
- Critically evaluate information to determine HR return on investment and organizational impact.
- Improve decision making through the use of business analytics and scenario planning.
Part 2, Collaborative Leadership, is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Develop effective interpersonal relationships across boundaries.
- Coach fellow executives toward the achievement of collaborative results.
- Promote shared responsibility and accountability throughout the organization.
- Communicate leadership objectives persuasively and effectively.
- Utilize influence tactics and negotiation strategies for competitive advantage.
- Make use of adaptive leadership styles based on context.
Click here for program locations and recommended hotels.
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
Transfers and Cancellation
Transfers are permitted one time only within the calendar year. Transfer requests must be submitted in writing via e-mail or fax, no later than 10 business days before the program start date. You may transfer into another program that will be held before December 31, 2016. If you are unable to attend the program to which you transfer, you may send a replacement. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee. All transfers must be made in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490.
All cancellations must be in writing using our online form or can be faxed to +1.703.535.6490. Should the program be cancelled, SHRM is not responsible for any penalty incurred by purchasing a nonrefundable airline ticket or related travel/personal costs. Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 administrative fee up to 10 business days before the program. If you find that you are unable to attend and it is less than 10 business days before the program start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement, you forfeit your registration fee.