SHRM Live: From the 2017 Employment Law & Legislative Conference
A new year and a new era have begun in D.C. with the continuation of Republican control of the 115th Congress and the inauguration of Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States. President Trump and Republican leaders of Congress are making good on their promise to move forward with a very aggressive 100-day agenda, with many issues of importance to the HR profession being at the forefront. Wherever you reside, don’t miss out on these two key sessions livestreamed to SHRM members at the low rate of $49.
Session: Washington Outlook for HR Public Policy
Streaming live on March 13, 2017, starting at 8:00 a.m. ET (and rebroadcast at 1:30 p.m. ET), SHRM's CEO Hank Jackson will offer opening remarks, followed by Michael P. Aitken, vice president of government affairs delivering his annual, information-packed discussion of current federal legislative, regulatory, and judicial activity.
You will learn about:
- Proposals to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.
- Initiatives to reform the tax code.
- Efforts on immigration enforcement including worksite enforcement.
- Proposals to expand paid leave and workplace flexibility.
Session: Repeal and Replace the Affordable Care Act
Also live on March 13, at 3:45 p.m. ET, deepen your understanding of how the administration’s and Congress’ health care reform initiatives will impact your workforce and the benefits offered to your employees. Mercer senior partner Tracy Watts, and Chatrane Birbal, SHRM’s senior advisor, government relations, will review efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, provide an overview of the ACA replacement plan, and discuss strategies that you can implement to comply with new and/or proposed changes.
Joining SHRM Live: From the 2017 Employment Law & Legislative Conference will enable you to:
- Experience live and 30-day on-demand access to the program via a user-friendly virtual event platform.
- Ask questions of speakers and other subject matter experts.
- Interact online with your peers.
- Contribute to the ongoing conversation via live online polling.
- Follow the conversation on Twitter--#SHRMLeg
- Delve more deeply into the topic by means of curated online resources.
- Earn recertification credits.
SHRM Live events are approved to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP®℠ and SHRM-SCP®℠ credentials.
Please Note: The Activity IDs to claim your pre-approved PDCs will be provided near the end of each session. You must watch each full session to claim the credits using the relevant Activity ID. If you miss the activity IDs in the live broadcast, you can find them by fast-forwarding to the end of each archived sessions during the 30-day on-demand access period, and pausing the program. Finally, the activity IDs will be delivered in a post-conference email message when the on-demand version becomes available.
Feb 8 - Apr 14, 2017