A Complete Guide to Creating a Legal and Effective Safe Hiring Program
Includes analysis of the April 2012 EEOC Guidance on the Use of Criminal Records by Employers
The Safe Hiring Manual is a complete, blueprint detail of how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process. This ideal tool for employers, HR, security professionals, private investigators, employment law attorneys, and background screening firms includes:
- How to create and establish comprehensive company policies, practices, and procedures to avoid negligent hiring problems and to keep you out of court.
- Verify degrees and credentials, and legally obtain and use criminal records.
- The best practices associated with all the components of a background check.
- In-depth pre-employment background screening and investigative techniques.
- How to Audit your current hiring program.
The Manual details how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process, significantly increasing an employer’s chance of avoiding the financial and legal nightmares of even one bad hiring decision.
What’s New in the 2nd Edition?
- 200+ extra pages
- Analysis on April EEOC Guidance on the use of criminal record by employers
- FCRA Mandated Forms as of January 2013
- New Chapter on Social Media Background Checks - Legal Risks and Setting Company Policies
- New material on lawsuits against employers and screening firms including latest on class action law suits
- Updated and expanding international screening material, I-9, E-Verify, and use of credit reports.
|Name||The Safe Hiring Manual: The Complete Guide to Employment Screening Background Checks for Employers, Recruiters, and Jobseekers, 2nd Edition|
|Publisher||Facts on Demand Press|
|Author||Lester S. Rosen|