This course covers the structure of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the enforcement of ERISA and plan requirements of ERISA, including summary plan descriptions (SPDs) and annual reports. The course also examines fiduciary requirements, funding of plans and the types of plans covered under ERISA.You will learn:
- The agencies that are involved in enforcing ERISA and the roles that they play
- Different vesting requirements that are permitted
- Fiduciary responsibilities
- Reporting and disclosure requirements
- What plans are covered by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
- The penalties that exist regarding failure to meet the reporting and disclosure requirements.
SHRM: 4 PDCs