HR Department of One: Strategies for Success
SHRM: 10.5 PDCs
Solo HR practitioners in an organization or leaders of small HR departments
HR Expertise (HR Knowledge)
Heading an HR Department of One (HR DOO) is a daunting task - time is short, resources are limited, and constantly shifting priorities can be a major issue. HR DOOs are expected to think strategically, manage the full spectrum of HR responsibilities, and serve an entire organization, all while keeping up-to-date on everchanging regulations in the employment law landscape.
So, how do you elevate HR as a solo practitioner? How can you balance strategy and operations? How do you best demonstrate the value that HR brings to your organization? Join other HR DOOs in this 10-hour interactive learning program designed to help you analyze and enhance the HR practices in your organization. The program uses a three-step framework (Assess, Build, Map) and hands-on exercises to help you measure your current practices, build a set of realistic best practices, and map those practices to what is achievable in your organization.
Join fellow HR DOOs and your expert instructor during a series of topic-based, in-depth conversations and activities focused on four distinct themes relevant to HR DOOs: Employing Strategies for Retention (including Talent Acquisition, Workforce Development, and Employee Engagement), Shaping Positive Culture, Balancing Strategy and Operations, and Communicating with Impact. Grow your HR DOO toolbox as you leave with practical tools and techniques that will help you grow your skills and meet the challenging needs of your organization.
- Use the framework of assess, build, map to create a realistic plan for analyzing and elevating HR in your organization
- Define talent acquisition strategies that attract more quality candidates
- Identify employee development, and employee and engagement strategies that impact employee retention
- Assess your organizational culture and determine the role HR plays in maintaining and shaping culture
- Determine the balance between strategy and operations in your approach to HR
- Describe communication strategies for building effective relationships with business leaders
Online (credit card only)
Phone (U.S.; credit card only)
703.548.3440, option #3
800.283.7476, option #3
(Allow 5-7 days for processing)
PO Box 79482
Baltimore, MD 21279
(Allow 3-4 weeks for processing)
Download Registration Form
Additional Registration Information
Organizational Training & Development
Bring this program to your organization.